All Products Ship From The USA


Ask a Technical Question:

Please note: We will answer all questions with regards to technical specifications of our units, pricing, wholesale inquiries, and shipping related questions immediately.

You can use the form below to send us a Technical Question.

Ask An Expert

User Dave Somogyi Asked:

I just purchased a home siren (DSC SD30W). It claims to need 6-12v DC 1100ma, and it is also referred to as a 30 Watt siren. I can find 12v DC 2amp or greater, but many say max watt output is 24, or don't say at all. What adapter will work for this thing? Thanks

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Dave. If you device is 12 Volt, and it uses 30W (watts), it will need a power supply that can handle a load of 30 divided by 12, which is 2.5A. In this case you can use an power supply of 2.5A or higher. I recommend that you use a power adapter of at least 3A to make sure you are not running it at it's maximum capacity. Let me know if you have any other questions.

User jack Asked:

need a power adapter for a Hannah Montana Guitar Clock with neon. do you have a way of finding what works for this ?? thanks.

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Jack. In order to find the correct power supply for your Hannah Montana Guitar Clock you will need to do some research on google. You can search for the word "power supply" plus the name of the product. You will then need to find out the voltage and the amperage of the power supply, as well as the type of connector. The voltage needs to match exactly, and the amperage of the power supply need to be the same, or GREATER than the amperage rating of your device. If your device requires 2 Amps, you can use a 3A, 4A, 5A, or even up to 10A. The connector is usually easy to find, all our power supplies 2A or over use the standard 5.5mm x 2.5mm standard connector. All you need to confirm is that your device uses the standard barrel connector, and not some unusual square or multi-pin connector. GOOD LUCK.

User mike Asked:

please help I am looking for 2 power units (supply's) for 2 mobile time-lapse vcr recorders (Model name mvcr960) on the back were the plug go it says 12v dc in and sticker on back says DC12V, 2A, 12W They have a sq. 4 pin connecter on vcr units which I have for both, Got them out of a broken computer power boxes. I have tried some 12V DC 1Amps ?watts power supply's that have 2 wire that I use for my cameras but they did not work tried making the 2 wires into 4 and still nothing. Don't know if maybe they needed the full 12 watt and to be wired right. Any help would be great. Thanks for any help You can give. Mike

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Mike. I am not sure what the wiring diagram would be for your DVR units. I know there is a standard 4 pin unit connector that comes with our 5A 4 Pin power supply. Since the 5A unit can power any amp rating UP TO 5A, it will work as far as the load in concerned for your DVR. As far as the connector, I would say it is worth a try... It will most likely be the standard 4 PIN connector, so it should work.

User Sammer Jones Asked:

Hi.. I have an LED light strip I want to power. It says it is 12 Volt 50 watts. Will you Power Supply Work.

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Sammer. Yes, the power supplies we have are ideal for powering an LED light array. All you have to do is hook us the output of the power supply, to the input of the strip. This is usually a 5.5mm x 2.5mm barrel connector. For a 50 watt load, you would divide that number by the voltage, which is 12V, so you would get 4.16 Amps. With amperage, you will always round up to the next highest whole number, so you will use the 12 Volt 5 Amp power supply. Good luck.

User Patrick Dalton Asked:

I need to replace an AC Adaptor. model: MW48-1200750 Input: 120V AC 60Hz 22W Output: 12V DC 0.75A negative polarity class 2 transformer Is the plug size/configuration determined by the voltage/amperage? Do you have a recommendation? thanks

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Pat***. The size and type of connector for a power supply is often determined by the voltage and amperage. For most 12 Volt DC power supplies of less than 10 Amps, the standard connector is a Barrel type 5.5mm x 2.5mm connector. This covers the vast majority of power supplies. For smaller power supplies, being 1A or less, a 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel is sometimes used. These measurements represent the size of the barrel connector. 5.5mm represents the diameter of the outside barrel, with 2.1mm or 2.5mm is the diameter of the hole inside of the barrel. It is interesting to note that for most power supplies, the 2.1mm and the 2.5mm barrels are interchangeable, meaning that they are close enough in size that either one should work... In terms of Polarity, the standard is that the inner barrel is positive, and the outside barrel negative. All of the power supplies on this site are inner barrel positive. In the rare situation were you have a device were the inner barrel is negative, you can simply cut the wire going to the barrel connector, and reconnect with electrical tape reversed. Please let us know if you have any other questions...